1. Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; praise [him], O ye servants of the LORD.
2. Ye that stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God,
3. Praise the LORD; for the LORD [is] good: sing praises unto his name; for [it is] pleasant.
4. For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, [and] Israel for his peculiar treasure.
5. For I know that the LORD [is] great, and [that] our Lord [is] above all gods.
6. Whatsoever the LORD pleased, [that] did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
7. He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.
8. Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast.
9. [Who] sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his servants.
10. Who smote great nations, and slew mighty kings;
11. Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan:
12. And gave their land [for] an heritage, an heritage unto Israel his people.
13. Thy name, O LORD, [endureth] for ever; [and] thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations.
14. For the LORD will judge his people, and he will repent himself concerning his servants.
15. The idols of the heathen [are] silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
16. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;
17. They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there [any] breath in their mouths.
18. They that make them are like unto them: [so is] every one that trusteth in them.
19. Bless the LORD, O house of Israel: bless the LORD, O house of Aaron:
20. Bless the LORD, O house of Levi: ye that fear the LORD, bless the LORD.
21. Blessed be the LORD out of Zion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.
List of chapters