1. Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: [for] praise is comely for the upright.
2. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery [and] an instrument of ten strings.
3. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
4. For the word of the LORD [is] right; and all his works [are done] in truth.
5. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
6. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
7. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
8. Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
9. For he spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast.
10. The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.
11. The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12. Blessed [is] the nation whose God [is] the LORD; [and] the people [whom] he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
13. The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.
14. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.
15. He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.
16. There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
17. An horse [is] a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver [any] by his great strength.
18. Behold, the eye of the LORD [is] upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
19. To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
20. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he [is] our help and our shield.
21. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.
22. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
List of chapters