1. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him [cometh] my salvation.
2. He only [is] my rock and my salvation; [he is] my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
3. How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall [shall ye be, and as] a tottering fence.
4. They only consult to cast [him] down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
5. My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation [is] from him.
6. He only [is] my rock and my salvation: [he is] my defence; I shall not be moved.
7. In God [is] my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, [and] my refuge, [is] in God.
8. Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us. Selah.
9. Surely men of low degree [are] vanity, [and] men of high degree [are] a lie: to be laid in the balance, they [are] altogether [lighter] than vanity.
10. Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart [upon them].
11. God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power [belongeth] unto God.
12. Also unto thee, O Lord, [belongeth] mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.
List of chapters