1. O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
2. Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending [it] in pieces, while [there is] none to deliver.
3. O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
4. If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
5. Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take [it]; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
6. Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me [to] the judgment [that] thou hast commanded.
7. So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
8. The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity [that is] in me.
9. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
10. My defence [is] of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
11. God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry [with the wicked] every day.
12. If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
13. He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
14. Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
15. He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch [which] he made.
16. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
17. I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
List of chapters