1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, [unto thee] do we give thanks: for [that] thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
2. When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.
3. The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
4. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:
5. Lift not up your horn on high: speak [not with] a stiff neck.
6. For promotion [cometh] neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7. But God [is] the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
8. For in the hand of the LORD [there is] a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring [them] out, [and] drink [them].
9. But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
10. All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; [but] the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.
List of chapters